22 Apr Who would be able to complete this in a timely manner?Answers 36Homework Assignment
College Teaching Survival Guide
Focus of the Final Project
As we've learned throughout the course, an educator's job is not simply to train students to recall facts and/or parrot ideas. An educator must create an environment conducive to critical thinking, so that the classroom facilitates learning, not merely memorization and recitation. The Final Project is your opportunity to show that you have a deep and meaningful understanding of the concepts covered in this course in a way that is well suited to your intelligences and talents. You can produce a document, video, wiki, blog, PowerPoint presentation, or you can come up with your own way to demonstrate your understanding of the demands and implications of teaching and learning in higher education.
In this course we have considered different learning styles and diverse student populations; explored effective pedagogical methods as well as protocol; assessment; and the scholarship of teaching. After watching the video “8 Things I Wish I Knew Before College (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.,” reflect on the Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze adult learning styles in developing effective instructional strategies.
- Identify effective pedagogical techniques in higher education teaching.
- Apply knowledge of protocol, assessment, and the scholarship of teaching to a diverse student population.
Apply your learning from the course to create “A Survival Guide” that addresses the letter (i.e., procedure and practice) and the spirit (i.e., theory and ethics) of teaching in a higher education setting. Feel free to creatively answer each question in a Word document, slide presentation or another format of your choosing. However you choose respond, be sure to provide access to your instructor by uploading all the necessary files, and providing all necessary links and/or text in a document. Although there is no page or length requirement for this assignment to allow creative freedom, make sure that you have fully addressed the Week Six Grading Rubric requirements. Be sure to cite your sources appropriately both in-text and separate reference page in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Explain, with supporting research, the multiple learning styles for adults.
- Describe at least five ways to implement effective pedagogical techniques in higher education teaching.
- Summarize at least five tips for following protocol and giving assessments in higher education settings.
- Discuss at least three methods for teaching to a diverse student population.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, organization, and usage throughout your submission.
- Source Requirement: Reference at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook in order to provide compelling evidence to support your ideas.
- APA format: All in text citations, page format and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
**There is no page limit, however, each question should be answered thoroughly.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?