22 Apr Week 2 – Assignment: Investigate Identity Development Answers 57Homework Assignment
When children come to an early childhood classroom, they bring with them their developing selves as influenced by their family culture, language, ethnicity, family composition, and other characteristics. Of course, to understand the uniqueness of each child it is important to learn about the child from the family, from the child, and from your observations. Early childhood professionals and families are important people in the lives of young children. Both affect the child's personal and social identity development. There have been myths about children's identity development. To debunk any of the myths that surround children’s awareness of differences, reading, understanding, and acting upon the research is an essential part of your role.
Complete the reading for this assignment with a focus on examining, understanding, and reflecting on the development of both personal and social identity. In a narrative paper, well organized by headings, you will respond thoughtfully and completely to the following prompts:
- Discuss what you have learned from the research about the development of personal and social identity, awareness of differences, and development of prejudice.
- Determine if the information that you have learned agrees or disagrees with the myths surrounding children's awareness of human differences?
- Identify, and then discuss any stereotypes and negative images that you learned from your home, your community, your membership in groups, and the media. How have those observations influenced how you self-identity and how you address human differences?
- Indicate what goals you might set in your classroom to support each child's identity development as a preschool teacher. Indicate how these goals are supported by research.
- Discuss the value for you of completing this assignment.
Length: 3- pages
References: Minimum of three scholarly resources including your text, and other scholarly resources (professional organization websites, government websites, etc.)
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?