23 Jan See details scenario
Please answer the following questions according to the number (number the answers) associated.
1. In a paragraph, describe and explain the Incident Command System.
2. Name and describe the five functional areas of ICS and list their primary responsibilities.
3. Describe the key components of an incident action plan.
4. List at least 5 duties of the Incident Commander (IC) or the Unified Command (UC)
5. Set up and diagram an Incident Command System for the following scenario. Define all the roles and responsibilities for each functional area that would be included in this scenario.
SCENARIO: At 10:05a.m. today, a hurricane/earthquake/tornado/flood hit the community of Edenton. The downtown area was the hardest hit. People have reported damage to homes, and businesses have been affected as well. No fatalities have been reported. Three people with injuries have been taken to the Edenton Community Hospital, which is also reporting some damage. As many as 10 people are missing. The downtown fire station is destroyed/inoperable. Two other fire stations are operational. Other possible effects: A large fire has broken out in downtown Water mains are cut. 10 percent of the population has sustained injuries. Utility lines are down. Animals in the zoo have escaped from their cages. Looters are rampaging downtown. Sewers have backed up, endangering public health. Many houses are destroyed/inhabitable and shelters will be needed. A hazardous spill has occurred. A major road has been affected.
Instructions for question 5. 350-400 words, APA style format and a minimum of 3 references.
6. NIMS provides and promotes _____________, which fosters more effective communications among agencies and organizations responding together to an incident.
- A. operating procedures
- B. common terminology
- C. portable radios
- D. cellular equipment
7. Operations has the task of translating strategic objectives into specific:
- A. measurable tactical objectives.
- B. immediate orders.
- C. general emergency orders.
- D. general tactical objectives.
8. The inherent flexibility provided by the NIMS framework facilitates scalability of emergency management and incident response activities. NIMS also provides the flexibility for unique implementation in specified areas around the nation.
- A. Statement one is correct, statement two is incorrect.
- B. Statement one is incorrect, statement two is correct.
- C. Both statements are correct.
- D. Both statements are incorrect.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?