28 Apr See Below. For Sidhart Only.Answers 1Homework Assignment
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week's Discussion link in the left navigation.
In providing assistance to the states, Washington has in the past attached “strings” that have dictated state legislation. For example, all states now require that individuals be at least 21 years of age to drink alcohol; states adopted such rules because Washington conditioned transportation aid on enacting tougher anti-drinking laws. Discuss the degree to which you agree or disagree with Washington attaching policy conditions to the fiscal assistance it provides to the states. To what degree, if any, should states refuse such assistance when national policy goals either do not coincide, or directly conflict, with state goals? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- Competing for Business
It has now become common for companies situating assembly plants (e.g., Ford, Toyota, Honda) to make states compete for their business; states and local governments often race to offer the most generous tax benefits, infrastructure improvements, and other forms of assistance to attract companies promising to provide jobs to people within a given locality. Is such competition for business healthy? What is the short-term and long-term impact of such competition? Should Washington enact rules and regulations that prevent states from racing to provide the most generous benefits to companies seeking to employ workers? Is there a danger that ultimately this competition will be a “race to the bottom,” with states and localities paying far more in tax incentives than they will ever receive in the form of job creation or money reinvested in the community? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Assignment link in the left navigation.
The Merits of Privatization
Respond to the following statements in a three to four page double-spaced paper:
- Discuss the rationale for privatizing state and federal government services as a viable alternative to taxpayer-supported public services. Be sure to address both alternatives using at least two pros and two cons of privatization.
- Discuss what services you believe government at the state and federal levels should not be privatizing, and provide a rationale explaining why those services do not belong in the private sector.
- Discuss which government services should be reviewed to see if privatization makes sense as a viable, cost-effective alternative. Be sure to give at least one example with support.
- Analyze the degree to which privatization negatively impacts citizens. Describe how the cost savings originating from privatization negate any disadvantages caused by government abandoning the provision of certain services.
- Discuss the degree to which private entities are held accountable for the services they provide for the government. Consider who, ultimately, is responsible if privatized services fail to match the quality or consistency of formerly government-provided services.
- Discuss which entity will be responsible if privatized services fail to match the quality or consistency of formerly government controlled services. How easy or difficult would it be for privatized functions to be returned to government if privatization does not work?
Submit your three- to four-page paper (not including title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide, and you must cite at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?