27 Apr PHI 210Answers 25Homework Assignment
Assignment 1.2: Conflicting Viewpoints Essay – Part II Synthesizing and Writing When looking for information about a particular issue, how often do you try to resist biases toward your own point of view?
This assignment asks you to engage in this aspect of critical thinking. The assignment is divided into two (2) parts. For Part I of the assignment (due Week 2), you read a book excerpt about critical thinking processes, reviewed the Procon.org Website in order to gather information, and engaged in prewriting to examine your thoughts.
In Part II of the assignment, you will write a paper to synthesize your ideas.
Write at three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. State your position on the topic you selected for Assignment 1.1.
2. Identify (3) three premises (reasons) from the Procon.org website that support your position and explain why you selected these specific reasons.
3. Explain your answers to the “believing” questions about the three (3) premises opposing your position from the Procon.org website.
4. Examine at least two (2) types of biases that you likely experienced as you evaluated the premises for and against your position.
5. Discuss the effects of your own enculturation or group identification that may have influenced your biases.
6. Discuss whether or not your thinking about the topic has changed after playing the “Believing Game,” even if your position on the issue has stayed the same. The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
•Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
•Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
•Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?