16 Feb Part 1 Answer the following questions, in a total of 350 to 700 words. •Describe the structure of DNA and the steps of protein synthesis. •Describe the relationships between the following terms: ◦DNA ◦Chromatin material ◦Gene ◦Chromosome •Use the Answers 1Homework Help
Answer the following questions, in a total of 350 to 700 words.
• Describe the structure of DNA and the steps of protein synthesis.
• Describe the relationships between the following terms:
◦ Chromatin material
• Use the following gene in protein synthesis:
▪ Show the mRNA.
▪ Show the tRNA.
▪ Name the amino acids that will be placed in the polypeptide chain. (Use the codon table in Ch. 10, Figure 10.8A of Campbell Biology.)
• A gene will direct the making of polypeptide chains, and polypeptide chains form proteins. All enzymes are proteins. Therefore, how would you explain carrying a gene for a trait that does not show up in the offspring?
• In order for DNA to pass genetic information to the next generation, DNA must replicate successfully. Mistakes in replication could result in major problems in heredity.
◦ Explain how DNA replicates.
◦ Describe the formation of the leading strand and lagging strand and include the enzymes involved.
◦ Why do the legs replicate differently?
Apa format. Cited work and references Required
Answer each question in separate paragraphs
1. Describe some of the experiments or observations that lead to the identification of DNA as the genetic material.
2. Describe the observations or work that lead to identifying the structure of DNA.
3. Individuals have unique DNA sequences that can be used to help solve crimes, identify diseases, and determine paternity. One possible prediction is that DNA will be used a means of identification in the future. What predictions would you make based on the technology you have reviewed in your reading materials? What problems do you foresee?
4. What is a genetic mutation you have heard about in the news recently that involves a change in the DNA molecule? Describe the mutation and why it involves a DNA molecule change.
5. How does analyzing DNA profiles using the gel electrophoresis tool allow you to draw both qualitative and quantitative conclusions about the likely identity of the suspect in a case?
6. Suppose the nucleotide sequence targeted by the primers in this activity is composed of a number of repeats of a single 16-base-pair sequence. In other words, every repeat within the targeted sequence means another 16 base pairs in the genome.
Judging by the sizes of the fragments you measured, about how many repeats of the 16-base-pair sequence would you expect to find in each of the suspect’s genomes?
Think It Over
What is the advantage of targeting more than one fragment and having each DNA profile feature multiple bands?
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?