28 Apr Juvenile Delinquency assignment 2Answers 46Homework Assignment
Assignment 2: Alternatives to Incarceration
A recent study illustrates that nearly two (2) million juveniles are processed through juvenile courts across the United States each year. Depending on the nature of the crime, juveniles may face detention or incarceration if they are convicted. Given the fact that many courts are reluctant to incarcerate criminal offenders, judges often consider alternatives to incarceration. The driving force behind these alternatives is to save taxpayer money yet still demand offender accountability and impose sanctions for criminal behavior.
Use the Internet to research the use of sanctions other than incarceration or detention for juvenile offenders.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Examine the underlying historical and economic reasons per the Chapter 14 text reading behind the quest for alternatives to incarcerating juvenile offenders in jails and prisons.
- Describe three (3) alternatives to incarceration that JUVENILE COURTS use today. Provide examples of such alternatives in practice to support the response.
- Discuss the significant societal and individual benefits of imposing sanctions or punishments that do not involve removing a juvenile delinquent from his / her family or community.
- Use the textbook and at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of SWS
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how delinquents have been handled throughout history.
- Contrast the differences between the juvenile and adult justice system in the United States.
- Identify successful evidence-based treatment modalities for juvenile delinquents and be able to describe the ingredients of effective programs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?