25 Feb FOR APLUSWRITER (please use attached template!)Answers 51Homework assignment
Counseling is rooted in theory, ordered, short-term, and focused on personal, social, educational, and career concerns (Henderson & Thompson, 2016). Theory not only provides a framework for counseling, it offers perspectives and explanations on behaviors. Effective school counselors work with students to identify a problem and use theory to determine goals and identify behaviors that must be changed to meet those goals. Student cumulative files including counseling interventions, academic, attendance, and any discipline records are often reviewed prior to creating an intervention plan (Knapp & Jongsma, Jr., 2012). Successful intervention plans are tailored to each student’s strengths, areas for development, stressors, developmental level, culture, and peer and family networks.
Henderson, D. A., & Thompson, C. L. (2016).Counseling children(9th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
Knapp, S. E., & Jongsma, A. E. (2012). The school counseling and school social work treatment planner (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
For this assignment, you will develop an intervention plan for the student you selected from the Blooming Park:
Sarah Quinton – 15
Sarah Quinton is a new student at Sylvia Plath High School. She is painfully shy and struggles with depression, and never participates in class. Sarah came from a less affluent school and feels overwhelmed by her new wealthier school and peers. Her family has struggled with homelessness and housing insecurity, and they are not certain whether they will be able to stay in their new apartment for the entire school year. Although she is a bright student, she is considering dropping out.
Your intervention plan should include three parts:
- Presenting Problem.
- Counseling Plan (theories, special needs, diversity).
- Ethical and Legal Considerations.
Use the required template ATTACHED to address the following:
Section 1, Presenting Problem.
- Identification of the presenting problem.
- Describe the problem the student is experiencing that leads to the need for counseling.
- Explanation of how background characteristics, current school performance, and family and social involvement contribute to the presenting problem.
Section 2, Counseling Plan.
- Describe two counseling theories that you could use with the selected student and discuss the theoretical concept and techniques.
- Discuss how to implement these theories in counseling with the student.
- Identify two goals, one for each theory, and discuss the outcomes for each goal by applying the theories with the student and justify (with supporting evidence) why the selected theoretical approach is effective in meeting the identified goals.
- Special Needs.
- Identify and explain the special need to be addressed. Provide enough information about the special need, supported by research, to inform the reader.
- Discuss how you will handle the special need that your student has brought to the session. Clearly discuss your strategy for approaching this with the student, including a discussion of 504/IEP considerations—the process and legal rights, and the special counseling considerations for a student with special needs.
- Discuss at least two diverse characteristics that your student experiences, particularly in regard to culture, developmental level, and ability level, and how they might inform the student's learning, behavior, and mood.
- Discuss your strategy for approaching this with the student, including multicultural counseling considerations in response to his or her diverse characteristics.
Section 3, Ethical Considerations.
- Ethical issues. Describe potential ethical issues that you must keep in mind when counseling your chosen student. Incorporate relevant ASCA and ACA ethical standards and codes.
- Strategies for addressing ethical issues. Discuss your plan for addressing the ethical issues that you identified. Incorporate relevant ASCA and ACA ethical standards and codes.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Length: 5–7 pages of content plus title and reference pages. Appendices are optional.
- Written communication: Develop accurate and professional written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and free of errors that detract from the overall message. Paper should be written in true third person; do not use first person.
- References: Use a minimum of eight current (published within the past five years) references in addition to your course texts, with at least five peer-reviewed academic references. No websites please.
- Formatting: Use the APA-formatted template linked in Resources. Include correct in-text and reference citations, proper punctuation, double spacing throughout, 12-point Times New Roman type, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indention, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to APA Style and Format for more information.
- File Format and Naming Protocol: You must submit your assignment in MS Word DOC or DOCX format.
- SafeAssign: You are required to submit a draft of your assignment to SafeAssign prior to submitting it for grading. Submit your work as a draft to check for any necessary edits.
- Once the assignment is finalized and all edits have been made, submit the final version to your instructor for grading using the following file naming format: Your_Name_AssignmentNumber_Assignment_Title (for example: Ima_Learner_u03a1_Assignment_Title).
- Verify you have reviewed your SafeAssign draft report by providing the following comment in the assignment area: "I verify that I have reviewed the SafeAssign draft report for this assignment and this work meets academic honesty expectations."
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?