16 Feb final paperAnswers 91Homework Help
Final Project – IT System Recommendation
For the Final Project, you are asked to write an eight-to ten-page research report (typed, double-spaced) in which you describe a company of your choice, the nature of its business, a specific product or service, and how that product or service is produced and distributed by the company and then recommend the information technology system you think should be in place and why. Address the following questions in narrative form (according to APA style). Be sure to provide examples and supporting rationale throughout the paper.
Company Background and Information Systems
- What is the name, nature of business, and specific products or services of your chosen organization?
- How are the products or services produced and distributed by the company?
- Why are information systems essential in managing the organization’s business?
- Describe the existing information systems supporting the major business functions of the organization (e.g., sales and marketing, manufacturing and production, accounting, human resources, etc.)
Information Technology Recommendation
- What is your recommendation for the information technology systems you think should be in place and why? Your recommendation should include the following:
- Information needs:
- What types of decisions do users need to make by accessing the information systems?
- What are the different levels of information groups?
- Need for system automation
- Benefits of the proposed system (savings, quality improvements, faster processing, etc.)
- Types of database data elements (data, images, photographs, sound, video, etc.)
- Networking and interactive processing
- Centralization versus decentralization
- End-user computing needs
- Your recommendation to develop or acquire the system software
- Information needs:
Potential Security Threats
- Describe the various threats and security threats to the proposed information system. What security controls are required to address the threats?
Social, Political, and Diversity Impacts
- Summarize the social and political issues raised by the proposed information system.
- Discuss the impact of diversity to the development and management of the proposed information system.
The Final Project – IT System Recommendation
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Ivy, K. (Director & Producer). (2015). INF220 Week Five information systems – Security, ethical, and social impacts part one (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ashford.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/INF220+Week+Five+Information+Systems+-+Security%2C+Ethical%2C+and+Social+Impacts+Part+One/0_kof13iex
- The INF220 subject matter expert discusses real-world industry experiences relating to the strategic use of information systems in the organization. This week’s part one of two video focuses on the security, ethical, and social impacts of information systems.
Accessibility statement does not exist.
Ivy, K. (Director & Producer). (2015). INF220 Week Five information systems – Security, ethical, and social impacts part two (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ashford.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/INF220+Week+Five+Information+Systems+-+Security%2C+Ethical%2C+and+Social+Impacts+Part+Two/0_w4tpdnky
- The INF220 subject matter expert discusses real-world industry experiences relating to the strategic use of information systems in the organization. This week’s part two of two video focuses on the security, ethical, and social impacts of information systems.
Johnson, S. (n.d.). What globalization means for diversity and inclusion efforts (Links to an external site.). Profiles in Diversity Journal. Retrieved from http://www.diversityjournal.com/
- The article discusses the changing face of organizations due to globalization and the need for organizations to understand differences between countries as well as the internal diversity of each country. In order to transform a business environment, inclusion practices must be imbedded into an organization’s bottom line and throughout its culture. This is critical when developing information systems in global organizations.
Leal, G. C. L., Huzita, E. H. M., & Tait, T. F. C. (2012). Globalization and socio-technical aspects of information systems development (Links to an external site.). In C. Kalloniatis (Ed.), Innovative Information Systems Modelling Techniques (pp. 99-122).doi:10.5772/36867
- This article discusses the impact of globalization and socio-technical aspects on the development of information systems.
TED. (2014, Jun 10). Hackers: The Internet’s immune system | Keren Elazari | TED talks (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCAp_Bd0AQ
- According to cybersecurity expert Keren Elazari, the beauty of hackers is that they force us to evolve and improve. Yes, some hackers are bad guys, but many are working to fight government corruption and advocate for our rights. By exposing vulnerabilities, they push the Internet to become stronger and healthier, wielding their power to create a better world.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?