13 Jan CSTU 101 QUIZ 1
- Which artifact depicts the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt?
Obelisk of Ramses
- Which artifact provided the key that allowed scholars to decode Egyptian hieroglyphics?
King Tut’s tomb inscriptions
- The flux of change that we see in a culture is called
Cultural Modifications Theory
Cultural Epoch Theory
Cultural Positioning Theory
Cultural Movement Theory
- Who is credited with inventing the first written language, a system called cuneiform?
- Egypt was a __________ throughout its long history.
- Who said “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose”
- Sumerians were from which area.
- Known as the land between the Rivers.
- Which president said “A nation must believe in three things: It must believe in the past. It must believe in the future. It must, above all, believe in the capacity of its own people to learn from the past that they can gain in judgment in creating their own future.”
- The Egyptian temples were the first structures in the ancient world to be built entirely of _____.
- The Babylonian Captivity occurred closest to which date?
- What term describes the multiple perspectives we see in Egyptian art, especially in portraying the human body?
- The establishment of permanent agricultural communities marked the beginning of what?
- Legal standards had been developed in the past but none so practical as the Code of Laws that established the rule of law from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean Sea. Who was the Code of Laws named after?
- Which cultures religion could be described as being pragmatic and self-serving?
- The most significant Sumerian literary work was
Venus of Willendorf
Epic of Gilgamesh
Hall of Running Bulls
- Who said that “To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child” when we do not have an understanding of the past?
- This was perhaps the best known sculpture of Egyptian art.
Temple of Amon
- Who wrote these words for us to live by? “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy…”
- The first written language was called
- Technology involves the manipulation of raw materials to produce some benefit.
- Egyptian culture’s life and religion were inseparable.
- Sumerian sculptures mainly used granite for their statue.
- The Iwo Jima Memorial is located in Japan, and is a tribute to their soldiers.
- The Egyptian Culture was short lived and lasted only a few centuries.
- The Egyptians did not have the technology of the wheel when they built the pyramids.
- The Egyptian Culture was very concerned about the color of skin pigmentation and made a point to segregate those who were different.
- Early Christian art showed a shepherd carrying a sheep? This symbolized their admiration for this occupation?
- The “Men of Issachar” were located in a small town in Egypt, and directed the construction of the first pyramid.
- Egyptian art depicts men and woman according to their most characteristic angle; that is the face and legs in profile but the eyes and torso as if viewed from the front.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?