16 Feb Biology Article CritiqueAnswers 1Homework Help
Article Critique by Student
Top of Form
Due Date Friday, January 30, 2016 9:00 PM
Introduction to the Activity:
Careful scrutiny and constructive criticism are an integral part of the scientific process. Publishing a research paper in a peer-reviewed journal is just one of many steps in the process of scientific inquiry. Students, however, commonly perceive the publication of a scientific research article as the end of scientific inquiry. On the contrary, one of the key features of the scientific process comes after publication, namely how the science community responds to claims put forth by scientists. The science community examines research articles carefully for errors in assumptions, procedure, logic, and conclusions drawn. Scrutinizing the ideas and work of other scientists is an important communication skill for students to learn because it is a critical step in the process of scientific inquiry.
Read the complete article once to get an overview of the paper’s purpose.
Malaria continues to select for sickle cell trait in Central Africa located at the following link.
Once to get an overview of the paper’s purpose. Then, read it again, but this time with a critical eye. focus efforts on critically evaluating the Introduction and Methods sections, focuses on the Results and Discussion. then to work to synthesize your analysis into a cohesive essay in which you address many of the following questions:
- Does the author express a clear purpose for his/her scientific reasoning?
- Is the objective of the experiment or of the observations made important for the field?
2.Statement of Problem:
- State in your own words the question being pursued by the author?
- How can you further subdivide the original question into smaller questions?
· What assumptions has the author made?
· Are these assumptions justifiable? Why or why not?
· Are there errors in the procedure outlined by the author?
· What changes, if any, would you make to the experimental design?
· To what degree is the data collected accurate, clear, and relevant to the question under study?
· To what degree does the data generated support the claim(s) being made?
· What scientific theories and concepts support the reasoning?
· What are the implications and consequences of this research?
8.Point of View:
· What is the author's point of view?
· How is the point of view expressed by the author scientific?
· From what other points of view could the investigation be done?
Instructions to Learners:
Work an essay in which you provide an analysis of the selected article, providing your qualified opinion on its merits and shortcomings. The essay must be at least 3 pages and no longer than 4 pages (approximately 700 words). The title page and reference page are not included in the page or word count.
Begin your paper by providing the following information at the beginning of your critique:
1.Name of author
2.Title of article
3.Title of journal, volume number, and page numbers
Then, answer the questions posed in the ‘Introduction to the Activity’ section.
*APA format essay.
* Need original answers to avoid plagiarism.
* The essay needs to be developed following steps 1 through 8.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?