29 Apr Assignment 3:Answers 0Homework Assignment
Directions: Answer the questions below. Your written responses should be at least one half of one page in length and should utilize APA guidelines for formatting and citations. Please cite examples from the textbook or this module?s required Web resources, when applicable.
1. Arson and its modern counterparts are still considered heinous offenses. Outline the four elements of the common law definition of arson that had to be proven. Describe the statutory modifications of Arson.
2. Jack owns a home that he decides is no longer of any use. He sets up an elaborate electrical system hooked to an alarm clock. When the alarm clock rings, the electrical current will set off a spark that will ignite a five-gallon can of gasoline. He sets the alarm and leaves the house. A severe electrical storm moves across the city. Lightning hits the house and ignites the gasoline, and the house burns down. Write about: (a) under the common law, could Jack be charged with arson? (b) Under modern law, can he be charged with arson? Give all your reasons.
3. Compare and contrast: (a) counterfeiting with forgery, (b) uttering and worthless checks.
4. Regarding the nature of unlawful restraint, law enforcement officers should be aware that they are subject to prosecution for false imprisonment if they unlawfully restrain someone. Describe the situations in which a police officer might unlawfully restrain others.
5. Angus entered his boss's house one night intending to kidnap his boss's three year-old daughter for ransom. He crept up the stairs and stole into the child's room, where he picked up the sleeping girl. As he turned to leave the room, he dropped the child and woke everyone in the house. The police were summoned and Angus was arrested. Describe what crimes, if any, is Angus guilty of and why?
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?