29 Apr Assignment 2: It May Not Work in PoliticsAnswers 55Homework Assignment
Assignment 2: It May Not Work in Politics
Due Week 10 and worth 225 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student addresses the following three (3) items using headers to separate each response:
- Congressional Ethics: Identify one (1) member of Congress who has been charged with ethics violations in the past 2 years (include the date). Briefly discuss the reason for the charges and provide two (2) reasons why you agree or disagree with the verdict and any penalties. Provide examples to support your answer. Consider how the verdict and penalties impacts your trust of the members of Congress.
- Third Party Candidates: Discuss two (2) political reasons why a third party candidate has never been successful in winning a presidential election. Provide examples to support the answer. Consider the political impact of the Republican and Democratic Party if a third party was successful.
- Federal and State Authority: Identify one (1) current issue facing the United States today (from the past 6 months). Analyze the respective roles of federal and state authorities in addressing the issue. Determine whether the U.S. Constitution constrains the federal and state responses to the issue. Explain.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries, Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, or any other website that does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are to:
- Identify informed opinions on issues and questions involving the U.S. government, national political processes, policy making, and the notion of democracy.
- Employ terminology used to study political science and American government.
- Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues and questions involving the U.S. government and national political processes using information in the course.
- Describe the basic values of American political culture.
- Explain how the federal system of government works.
- Explore different perspectives on issues and questions about the U.S. government and national political processes.
- Describe the importance of an informed, effective citizenship for the national government and political processes.
- Use concepts from our study of U.S. national government and politics (such as models of democracy) to discuss government and politics in state, local, and international contexts.
- Examine the evolution of presidential power in military affairs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of U.S. government and politics.
- Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?