28 Apr 4-6 pages with references and no plagiazmAnswers 74Homework Assignment
Smartphones, the Internet, and rapid advancement of technology have come to influence all aspects of people's daily lives. However, as with any advancement in technology, there are always those who will misuse this technology for their own purposes—criminal and abusive. In fact, the developer of the ILOVEYOU worm, one of the most destructive computer viruses in history, faced no legal penalty in his nation because at the time, what he did was not a crime. This is but one example of many in which the law has been unable to keep pace with technology. In this activity, you are tasked with conducting independent research to identify specific legal concerns and issues associated with technology. In your independent research, you must locate 1 example reflecting crime and 1 issue reflecting a constitutional issue.
You may refer to the following for inspiration:
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- EPIC – Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Center for Democracy & Technology
- Crime Has Gone High-Tech, and the Law Can’t Keep Up
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Conduct independent research on legal and constitutional issues associated with technology.
- Identify and summarize 1 issue discussing the relationship between technology and crime, with a clear identification of how the law has not kept pace with technology.
- Identify and summarize 1 issue discussing the relationship between technology and criminal justice, with a clear identification and discussion on the associated constitutional issues relating to technology.
- Include no fewer than 2 scholarly resources, 2 nonscholarly resources, and 1 legal case.
Center for Democracy & Technology. (n.d.). Home page. Retrieved from https://cdt.org/
Electronic Frontier Foundation. (n.d.). To #DeleteFacebook or not to #DeleteFacebook? That is not the question. Retrieved from https://www.eff.org/
Electronic Privacy Information Center. (2018). Top news. Retrieved from https://www.epic.org/
Goodman, M. (2015, March 21). Crime has gone high-tech, and the law can't keep up. Wired. Retrieved from https://www.wired.com/2015/03/geeks-guide-marc-goodman/
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?