29 Apr 100 question political science 90 min limitAnswers 1Homework Assignment
1. The chief way that administrative agencies exercise real power is through
2. Which of the following is an inaccurate statement about Americans' exposure to news?
3. The writers of the Constitution used the term _________ to describe the form of government in which power resides in the people but is exercised through a system of representative institutions.
4. Policy implementation refers to the bureaucratic function of
5. In ?Schenck v. United States? (1919), the Supreme Court ruled that
6. Prayer in the public schools violates
7. In the dynamics of an iron triangle, what benefit do interest groups provide to friendly bureaucratic agencies?
8. Compared to Supreme Court nominations, those for the lower federal courts
9. The phrase that best describes the shift in America's world position from the pre- to the post-World War II eras is
10. The foundation for U.S. policy toward the Soviet Union after World War II was
11. ________ account for more than half of the economy of the European Union.
12. The prevalence of mass elections helps the political system by
13. The Constitution was ratified by
14. Judicial review is the power of the American courts to
15. Congress oversees the bureaucracy through
16. For a bill to pass in either chamber of Congress,
17. ________ opposed the ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
18. Political participation among Americans can best be described as a ________ activity.
19. Compared with the decision in a Supreme Court case, the opinion is more significant because it
20. According to ________, a large republic is less likely to have an all-powerful faction.
21. A major criticism of the theory of pluralism is that
22. Inalienable rights
23. Americans' deep-seated political beliefs
24. The federal court myth overlooks the fact that
25. Bills are formally introduced in Congress by
26. If the economic problem is low productivity and high unemployment, the fiscal policy action on the demand side would be to
27. Yellow journalism contributed to public support for the
28. Over the past few decades, the trend in citizen participation in lobbying groups is participation through
29. The right to privacy was instrumental in which decision?
30. ________ elections tend to draw the largest percentage of voters.
31. Most political talk shows on radio offer a(n) _____________ point of view.
32. Which of the following is correct under the Constitution?
33. The federal district courts
34. Criticism of the food stamp program occurs because it
35. Most of the work on legislation in Congress is done
36. In the United States, the primary responsibility for registration of the individual voter rests with the
37. Democrats in Washington have usually responded to high levels of unemployment with
38. Another name for an interest group is
39. Federal regulatory agencies have responsibility primarily in the area of
40. ________ is an example of an in-kind benefit.
41. The Federal Reserve is most directly charged with establishing ________ policy.
42. Government benefits for business include all of the following except
43. Gideon v. Wainwright required the states to
44. The courts have tended to support administrators as long as their agencies
45. The document explaining the ideas of the Constitution and urging its ratification is the
46. Compared to the Senate majority leader, the Speaker of the House has more power because the House
47. A fiscal-policy solution to inflation would be to
48. Political conservatives who favor more political power to be devolved back to the states prefer
49. In response to economic demands that were a result of rapid industrialization, Congress in the late 1800s began to
50. In America today, public education is primarily the responsibility of
51. Which of the following is a true statement about the visibility of poverty in American society today?
52. The biggest obstacle to effective congressional oversight is
53. Major shifts in the Supreme Court's positions have usually been due to
54. Shays's Rebellion
55. Which of the following is true?
56. Which newspaper was the first to reduce the price of a daily copy to a penny?
57. It can be said of regulatory commissions that
58. In John Maynard Keynes' demand-side economic theory, an economic recession can be shortened through
59. If the U.S. House of Representatives chooses to impeach a president, who conducts the trial?
60. The first televised "debates" between the two major party presidential candidates occurred in
61. Since the Cold War ended, U.S. policymakers' concern with nuclear weaponry has shifted to
62. The Gazette of the United States was founded at the urging of Alexander Hamilton to promote the policies of President
63. Committees kill roughly ________ percent of the bills submitted in Congress.
64. Congress generally
65. The Watergate scandal illustrates the
66. In The Wealth of Nations (1776), Adam Smith made all of the following arguments forlaissez-faire capitalism except
67. Marbury v. Madison was an ingenious decision because it
68. The poll tax was used to
69. Sovereignty refers to
70. Which of the following is true of totalitarian governments?
71. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are
72. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was aimed chiefly at eliminating discrimination
73. The idea that major nations should act together in response to problems and crises is called
74. Under the original Constitution, Congress could not ban the slave trade until
75. Fiscal policy is a mechanism which the government employs to influence the economy. Fiscal policy is based on
76. The writers of the Constitution devised the Electoral College as the method of choosing presidents because
77. The poll tax was outlawed in federal elections by the
78. Efforts in Congress in 2006 to clamp down on immigrants who have entered illegally from Mexico and other Latin American countries resulted in
79. Which of the following is true about the American presidency or president?
80. Monetary policy differs from fiscal policy in all respects except
81. A longstanding question about the bureaucracy involves the issue of
82. The honeymoon period occurs during
83. The president's constitutional roles, such as chief executive and commander-in-chief,
84. Which of the following is true about the Kyoto Agreement?
85. The factor that normally has the most impact on the president's level of popular support is
86. Cultural beliefs are said to be mythic ideas, which means that they are
87. Bureaucracy is best characterized in terms of
88. Economic groups have an advantage over non-economic groups because
89. The modern Congress is different from the nineteenth-century Congress in that
90. FCC regulations apply to a station's
91. The fact that Americans want more government services but also want tax reduction shows that opinions are frequently
92. The process by which individuals acquire their opinions is called
93. During his first year as president, George W. Bush
94. The American political culture affects public opinion primarily by
95. Sources of polling error include
96. In their relationship with candidates, the political party can expect that
97. Which of the following is not part of the First Amendment?
98. Although party organizations are weaker today than a century ago in terms of their control over campaigns, they have staged a comeback of sorts. The main indicator of this comeback is
99. If the sampling error in a properly conducted poll is plus or minus 4 percent, and the poll indicates that candidate X has the support of 60 percent of the respondents, then the probability is high that candidate actually has the support of
100. The most fully organized interests are those that represent
Order an Excellent Paper with Bonpapers.com Writing Service
Bonpaper is a Custom Research Paper Writing service based in USA that is Available 24/7 to cater your needs. We have huge experience of writing essays about every possible topic. We have access to the online libraries, peer-journals, and news sites which makes it possible to gather enough data about the topic.
We provide the plagiarism-free and grammatically perfect essay writing service to our clients. We have written hundreds of essays so far and our clients have gained excellent results as well.
Need Assignment Help?